NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
Our business, Pacific Ground Engineering, part of NorLand Limited, has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of drilling applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 60 years.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Labourers and Drill Helpers to join our team! With the head office located in Burnaby, BC, you will work with a team of Labourers and other Drilling professionals to provide daily labour support to the team on-site at PGE projects like the exciting Kicking Horse Canyon Project located in Golden. BC. LOA provided.
- Operate in a safe and respectful manner at all times on NorLand & client job sites
- Provide high quality labour/supervisory support to a team on-site on an as needed basis
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive high quality results
- Attend all mandatory safety meetings
- Act/work at all times in a safe manner
- Attend the worksite as directed/contracted
- Must have worked in an outdoor environment in all types of weather and elements
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Safety orientation and willingness to learn and develop critical skills
- Experience with basic power & construction tools
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and writing
- Ability to work in deep, confined spaces
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
Note: These are Union positions with the LiUNA Local 1611 Construction & Specialized Workers' Union: Union wages with extended Healthcare Benefits, access to additional training through the Training Plan, and a Union-sponsored Pension Plan.
We are committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices