NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
Pacific Ground Engineering (PGE) delivers a wide range of ground engineering services across western Canada. Searching beyond traditional techniques to find cost effective solutions for our clients is the core of Pacific Ground Engineering's philosophy. Our team combines local experience, technical expertise and construction savvy to solve complex geotechnical challenges and ensure timely completion of each project. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee, and supports opportunities for growth and advancement.
PGE has an opening for a Ground Engineering Project Manager to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will manage construction projects that focus on drilling and ground engineering. The types of projects include small to large diameter piling (foundations and shoring), soil anchoring and tiebacks, restricted access micropiles, polymer grouting.
- Review plans and specifications to determine scope of work and to define project requirements
- Develop complete estimates for tender submissions on ground engineering construction projects
- Project management: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Closure
- Communication with clients to maintain solid, long-term relationships
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the project and its requirements and establish a plan for developing the estimate
- Review the scope of work, highlight risks and opportunities, and confirm technical approach by consulting with the division’s Superintendents and Foremen.
- Prepare a complete estimate for all items: labour, equipment, materials, indirects, sub-contractors etc.
- Construction management of successful tenders, being responsible for all aspects of project performance such as safety, environmental, quality, budget, billing, schedule, and operations
- Claims and change order management
- Client and stakeholder point of contact
- Team coordination and financial reporting
- 5+ years of minimum experience in a construction related project management role
- 7+ years of experience related to drilling and/or ground engineering projects
- Geotechnical or Civil Engineer, and/or extensive industry experience is a requirement
- Ability to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent customer service
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
Pacific Ground Engineering and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices