We are a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day; rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You will work with a trusting team of diverse professionals and go home safely every day passionate and proud of what you’ve helped build.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Ground Engineering Project Manager, reporting to the General Manager of PGE.
In this position you will manage construction projects with a focus on drilling and ground engineering. Type of projects include small to large diameter foundation piling and shoring, jet grouting, soil anchoring and tiebacks, restricted access micropiles.
- Review plans and specifications to determine scope of work and to define project requirements
- Develop complete estimates for tender submissions on ground engineering construction projects
- Project management: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Closure
- Communication with clients to maintain solid, long-term relationships
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze the project and its requirements and establish a plan for developing the estimate
- Review the scope of work, highlight risks and opportunities, and confirm technical approach by consulting with the division’s Superintendents and Foremen.
- Prepare a complete estimate for all items: labour, equipment, materials, indirects, sub-contractors etc.
- Construction management of successful tenders, being responsible for all aspects of project performance such as safety, environmental, quality, budget, billing, schedule, and operations
- Claims and change order management
- Client and stakeholder point of contact
- Team coordination and financial reporting
- 5+ years of minimum experience in a construction related project management role
- 7+ years of experience related to drilling and/or ground engineering projects
- Geotechnical or Civil Engineer, and/or extensive industry experience is a requirement
- Ability to effectively manage new customer development, customer issues, complaints and inquiries whilst providing excellent customer service
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project skills, Hard Dollar experience is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding time management, prioritization, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - ability to work in a confidential, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Valid Driver’s Licence
We offer a diverse and inclusive family atmosphere, a great work environment, fantastic benefits, and room to grow!